Randoms Queensland 2023

Seems like there is a lot of 4 door cars there..was a 2 door not desirable or they just didn’t build them there?

Seems like there is a lot of 4 door cars there..was a 2 door not desirable or they just didn’t build them there?
You need to realize the population was not as it is in Americas, but yes there were 2 doors, XM, XP, Falcon coupes and XA and XB Falcons, ( same as the cars used in Mad Max ) then the General had a line of Monaros, HK, HT, HG, HQ's etc, and Chrysler had the Valiant Chargers, then there was also a lot of English 2 doors here as well. The advantage of a 4 door was easy for family and friends to get in and I would stand corrected but the 4 door was also cheaper. Most young guys didn't have the money they have now days and had to just buy second hand cars. Of course there was not the main 2 doors here that you guys all had over there. But as I said the population was the main reason you didn't see so many back in the day. Ford also built I think it was 200 XT Falcon 2 doors which were not coupes as such but the powers that be in Ford at the time did not think they would be good sellers. then there were starting in the late 60's the Japanese 2 doors. There was a strong resistance to the Japanese cars because people of the age that could afford new cars still had memories of WW II.

Last edited: