Radium Show and Shine Events?

ratrig

Supporting Member
I see there is a poker run Fri night till 4 which I can't make. I heard of some guys cruising the main drag along the hotels after that. How strict are the cops there? Open headers? Burn-outs?... just askinn:D. Last year we were there having drinks on a patio and heard all kinds of noise coming from that direction.:)

How strict are the cops there?

i am not involved in the show anymore but the invitation poster used to say "ZERO TOLERANCE" with traffic offences. I do know that they bring in extra police for the weekend. I also do know that you will get a expensive ticket.

Good to know Ray. Hearing all the hoops you guys have to jump through just be legal , I don't want to draw any unnecessary attention to myself. When we were in Vegas , the cops were actually sitting on bikes enjoying the burnouts on the strip .

I haven’t been there for a couple years now but the 2 I did attend was quite an eye opener. Lots of eye candy and at that time there was lots of cruising. Somewhere off in the distance was always a burnout, or some loud revving. The roadway south of the pass and the hot spring by Sunday was laid solid with burnt rubber....loved it. Did see “the man” around lots too....

WOW ! What a car show, ......................... with fantastic weather.

More eye candy then any man could want ... and some great looking cars too !:eek:

No sold out but with so many spectators pictures were next to impossible to take.

Between the sun and the 12 mile hike this old turd is plum tucked out.

Sold my truck last month so hope to have a new car for next year, ... that will beat walking around.

Butch has a bunch of nice pictures from Friday over on the Canadian Rodder Facebook site !

Yes, The show ,weather, crowds etc were excellent. We got a 2 day room in invermere at the last minute and enjoyed the cruise back from the show on Saturday.Car count was about 750, but must have been 5000 people there. Everyone in the valley must have been out there on the highway cheering the rides going by. It was a lot of fun,and by all the rubber on the motel street in Radium, friday must have been fun too.
Lets hope the weather man is wrong about the high river festivities :(

That’s great, I liked that Radium weekend. Best when the weather is as nice as it was.

Have a friend who's been going to this show for the last 10 years and had a different perspective on it.

So much so that he left the show earlier than normal.

Yes, there were quality rides but he felt not as many as past years and the balance were just okay.
Last years was better in his opinion.

Last edited:
Fantastic event this year, really enjoyed it. Maybe not a new record for car count, but there were plenty and they certainly weren't lacking for spectators to ogle them - the announcer mentioned several times that he'd been there for every show except 1 in their almost 30 year history, and he can't ever remember seeing more spectators.

I've been there three years running now, and this was for me the best yet - including lots of vehicles I haven't seen before either at this show or the others I frequent in Alberta. Weather could not have been better - sunny and pleasant.

During the load-in they made a running change early on, and cut down the space between the car rows to make sure they'd have room for everyone - so even though the available space wasn't completely filled up it wore me out getting through the tightly packed cars that were there.

Kudo to all the volunteers and club organizers - it's not a huge club, and they are really to be commended for a great job! :)

... and yes, on the way back on Sunday you could see the road back to the park gates was thoroughly resurfaced with rubber - there were apparently a lot of impromptu exhibitions for the spectators on Friday!

Last edited: