QA1 into stock Mustang II

al37ford

Supporting Member
This category is under used IMO. I have an original MustangII front suspension under my '35. It sits a bit high so I went with a QA1 kit for "mustang 2" to set it where I want it. I guess it works well for after market MustII cross members/tubular A arms but with an all stock it's a night mare to install. Also, once in you cannot run the base down to thread end as the stock spring base is in the way as it also is for the tension adjuster. ...not sure if I should weaken the bottom A grinding away or?? I'm sure people here have done this so help!!!

Well Al37ford .. how much do you have too grind away ? a lil or alot ? if it is a lil 3/8 or less then that might be the way to go .. but if it is alot more then well you maybe have alot of other issues too attend too ..
-will it still be safe ?
-are you sure its never going to fail or break ?
- if it does break? and you distroy your car or kill some one will icbc notice and make your insureance invalid ? and you have too pay for it all ?
that is only a few things id worry about .. or would you be better off too just put in tubular control arms and do it easyer and safer .. ?

I hear you modelabone...I'm so far along i didn't want to back track but maybe that's the best plan. Safety 1st. Thanks

I had to do some minor trimming with the grinder to make the lower arms fit on the aftermarket xmember I fitted to the GMC

Done.....:( not satisfied with the result but I guess U deal with what you're given.