Paint tricks

shaune

Supporting Member
Question about a painting technique I saw once. The car was painted and then plastic wrap was dropped or placed onto the wet paint and then removed. Gave a real neat look, maybe a marbling look.
Anyone do this ?
I am going to experiment with a little project but I don't want a steep learning curve. Do you let the paint tac up or drop the plastic right after spraying ?
I assume you don't let the plastic move but more on and off quick ?
I will post pictures of this finish if it works to my liking.

Ok it is called marbling, which now can lead me to a google search. Hmmm little more complicated than I initially wanted. I was not intending on a base coat of one color with a lighter color over top. Might experiment with one spray, one color, drop the Saran Wrap on and off.

Shaune I have an old cast iron claw foot tub that I painted and marbleized the outside with house of colors paint. The inside I painted white the out I painted marbleized green candy. The house of colors marbleizer is real easy to work with as it dries very slowly. I love the look, did it like a grain to match the marble tile floor. I rolled up a plastic bag length wise and rolled it diagonally across the tub to match the grain in the tile.