Over the top, and expensive

James__WC

Supporting Member
Below are links to two different build threads, both trucks are "Slicks" (1961-1966 Ford F-series trucks), and the work on both is by the same fellow. The first one is a Stock Restoration, the second one, well, I'd hazard to say it will have the best fit & finish of any Slick, ANYWHERE when it's finished.
This guy does some amazing work, and he must have a knack for finding clients that have deep pockets, because labour isn't cheap, and both these trucks have a ton of manhours in them.
The second one in particular, as you go through the build, you will see the lengths he's gone to to "correct" all the things wrong with the fit and finish of a sixties vehicle, and that no one who bought one new GAF about.
I'm not sure what the client plans on doing with the truck in the second thread, but after taking it as far as they have (fit & finish wise), I'm expecting it to be an ISCA competitor??

The resto truck was finished several years ago, the owners drive it, and take it to local shows.

The second one, is underway, and he's getting towards the end of the metalwork, but there's a lot of block sanding in his future:)

**Bring a lunch and a pot of coffee, this is going to take awhile:)

1966 F-100 SWB Styleside Stock Restoration

1966 F100 Short Bed Styleside Metal/Body/Paint Work​

A person should keep and send these links to all the sellers who are asking huge dollars for their " very little rust , running when parked " gems .

A person should keep and send these links to all the sellers who are asking huge dollars for their " very little rust , running when parked " gems .

Ha! "Very Little Rust", that's like "Kind of a Virgin"

They all have very little rust....until you get knee deep into the project, then you find out the real extent of the tin worms.

And then the Project's "Scope Growth" begins:)

WOW, only got through the first one. Definitely a full pot of coffee thing. Very talented guy and got to give the owner credit to carry through with 150K. Hope he enjoys it as bottom line that's what it's all about.

Bob: The second one will take you considerably more time, but there is much to see, and I'm amazed at the lengths he's gone to just to make all the gaps even, all the panels "flow" , and a few custom touches to get rid of some of the factory hiccups. As I mentioned previously, I'm amazed at the lengths he's going to, and while one can already tell the finished product will be stunning, so will the bill. But I guess if you have the money, and can appreciate all the work that it took, why not??
(sadly, I'm simply not in a position to be able to commission such a project, but I can still appreciate the skills and work it takes to get it done!)

James