Old Guy, New Member

wuga

Supporting Member
Hi Hot Rodders; this looks like a pretty good site, especially with the Canadian twist. We all know Canadian rodders are the best, we don't cookie cut our cars, well not all of us. I am 68 and have been doing this since 1960. I bought my first Model A and built a rough but sweet street rod. In 1966 I campaigned another C/A Model A Tudor under the "Village Idiot" banner. Shorly after that I built a 1932 Bantam coupe painted by the late Ken Kay. Was going to drive it to Mexico but marriage got in the way. Bought factory stuff for some years and then in 1987 I bought my 1962 Cutlass with it's great little 215 aluminum V8. I have a saying, 'you can only make them better' and to this end, I have upgraded everything. The engine is a D&D rebuild, 5 speed, 4 wheel disc brakes, recalibrated suspension, dual chambered exhaust, custom cooling system etc. I am now building a 1930 Model A Tudor Hi-boy which I hope to have on the road the Spring of 2013. I live on 2.6 acres on West Lake and am currently finishing a 30x60 garage so this has slowed down the rod building. I love to talk about my and other's cars on the internet, at cruises or even over the phone. By the way, I found the Bantam body two years ago and it is sitting in pieces in storage waiting for another day. I have seen some great posts here and even if they are old, I will probably try to follow up some of them. Thanks for letting me be part of this. WUGA

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52296758@N06/

Last edited:
Wuga....thanks for joining and a great introduction.
You will fit right in here......am 70 y.o. myself and also been doing this
a long time.
Before others nag you, any photos you can post up would be appreciated...
especially of your old race cars. Thanks.....:)

Welcome to this great site WUGA. A bunch of us (85) or so drove by your place last weekend on our way to Ottawa.Ps we love old pics new pics any pics on here gives us something to look at.:cool:

Wuga....thanks for joining and a great introduction.
You will fit right in here......am 70 y.o. myself and also been doing this
a long time.
Before others nag you, any photos you can post up would be appreciated...
especially of your old race cars. Thanks.....:)

Look that, before we could bug you about pics, PG409 (Keith) has gone and done that, but just in case you didn't get the hint, being 68 you know, we like pics of all cars, past and present. We tend to drool a lot and this gives us a reason to.

Oh, BTW, welcome and a big howdee from Calgary

Welcome . Allways loved the bantams . Bet she was a looker with the kay paint job. He had painted my first harley . Still have the bike paints long gone. Some snot nosed punk beat the hell outa the bike and the paint :D

Geez guys, WUGA has already posted a link to some of his stuff.
Welcome WUGA you'll fit right in, ther's a few of us 'old guys' on here so post away.

WUGA?? welcome to the site from another '68er. I've been enjoying this hobby since I learned how to breeth:eek:!!! Frank

Welcome aboard Wuga! I'm a "medium" aged member that has been here under a year - jump right in, comment on anything and post up some pics!:)

Hello and welcome here, both cars look pretty neat, the tudor looks like it has a Range Rover engine ...... oh that's right the Rover engine is a copy of the Buick :), they have a sound of their own and almost like a Side Valve (Flat Head) looks like a nice ride as does the Buick, join on in here and enjoy the company.

I just found my original introduction and want to edit it. First my apologies to Ken Kaye for referring to him as 'the late' as he is not. Now, eight years have passed, I definitely finished my garage and a few projects. I finished the Bantam three years ago and am racing J/A with it. Not this year due to Covid. I have now acquired a 1962 Studebaker wagon, a vintage wagon to tow my vintage/nostalgia race car. I still check in every day and have commented a few times. I sold my Cutlass last fall to finance the wagon. Had it 32 years, do kinda miss it.

Warren

My 30 Tudor, changed a bit since 2014

3.jpg

The Bantam J/A, now sports different headers and intake.
5.jpg

My new tow car, a 1962 Studebaker wagon

DSC04950.JPG

Thanks Warren. Love the cars. The Bantam has some familiarity to me. Lol.
I love the wagon. Have a 63 lark Daytona here

Welcome from another 'newbie' here. Looks like your having fun, more info on the Bantam and the racing of it please.