New Car Guy in the okanagan

JonnyO

Hello new to the site lots of great info have been in Penticton for two years and just starting a full restoration on a 1965 mustang fastback car is all original looking forward to making some connections, definitely going to need some help with
metal and body work....any good tips on the right shops around the valley and good quality parts would be much appreciated

Last edited:
Welcome to the CR Forum.

Lots of gearheads in your part of the Okanagan, and further north in Kelowna.

I'll be the first to ask, we like pics of projects or finished rides.

Also, don't forget to start a build thread in Projects category so you can ask questions, get answers and to see your progress.

Hello, (I am) new to the site, lots of great info, (I) have been in Penticton for two years and just starting a full restoration on a 1965 mustang fastback car, (it) is all original, looking forward to making some connections, definitely going to need some help with metal and body work....any good tips on the right shops around the valley and good quality parts would be much appreciated.

Welcome. My first new car was a 1966 Mustang (plain jane $ 3200.00)

I took the liberty of editing your post quote for non-texting fossilised old readers. :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the group JonnyO. And good luck with your project.
Don't mind Old Ray fixing your punctuation, I think he must have been my teacher in college that docked me one mark on an otherwise 100% paper for spelling MY name wrong! :D

2 plus 2 early Mustangs are my favourite. Thanks for joining us. an
A code or a K code ?
Please do pitch in and ask questions and give advice too!,,,

Hi thanks..yes It is an A code mustang black in color with the red interior the car is fully together so it nice for disassembly, not much for guess work as per any missing pieces but does required major work throughout the body and frame. im getting close now to start removing the interior and should be up on the rotisserie shortly

thanks for the correction nice to see in this day and age, attention to detail is first class!!!

Welcome to the forum JonnyO. Rustang eh.. Oh I meant Mustang, lol Yeah there are a pile of gearheads in your neck of the woods, so should be easy to find a hand or two.

Again welcome aboard and good luck with your project.