My kid's first car

wrascal

My 17 year old son took the plunge and bought a nice muscle car. With a 305 and a 4 speed he is going to have his work cut out for him. He has been quite involved fixing it up for when he gets his "N" and is really proud of it. It was a "love at first sight". Everything in his price range was either econo box or really trashed. Then one of the guys at work mentioned his father had this car for sale for $2,400....... Check it out.
P3170020.jpg

P3170019.jpg

P3170018.jpg

Russ:D

Looks like a pretty clean little car...I have painted quite a few of those things over the last few years.They always look good basic colors.red,black or white.. I am sure he will make an even nicer car out of it!!!! Keep us updated

Russ,the first thing that car should get is a different trans,those 4 speeds can't take any abuse.See if you can find a 5 speed from a 85 to 90 camaro.Nice car though!She looks pretty solid,and the price was right!!!

wow, lucky guy!

I had a buddy who had one of those, they can really get up an go when you want it to. he got his up to about 600 hp so of course it made a decent track car ;)

Man that is a nice looking car, the young fella got a pretty good deal by the look of that.

Maybe if the 4 speed does have a weak link like Dale mentioned that could be a good thing for a young guy, he will learn that you can't just flog them.

I have a mate out here with a black one similar to that and he has got it going pretty good.

Good for your young fella on getting a great deal.

Cheers, John

The 4 speed was gone through by a transmission shop when they installed a new heavy duty clutch by a previous owner. A 5 speed would definitely be a wise upgrade. There was an interesting story with this car. The guy we bought it off of had originally bought it for his son to fix up and drive, but the son (whom I work with) decided to buy a brand new chevy 4x4 because he really didn't like to tinker around fixing stuff.....So he wanted to sell it just to get it out of his driveway. The things we had to do to it was install a new radio (had been stolen out of the car), new door hinge pins (worn and sagging), new heater core (leaking), tune up, broken headlights, outer door window rubbers (came with new OEM ones in boxes) and a lot of elbow grease with cut polish and wax as the clear coat was comming off and had faded bad (temporary fix, a new paint job later) All added up to one proud and happy son..........priceless.

Russ

Nice ride..... I once owned (new off the lot) an '82 Z and a '85 Iroc. The Z had top end engine issues (less than 40K)and I traded it for the IROC. Nice starting platform for sure.

Cheers 53chevyply