MustII power rack quest's?

al37ford

Supporting Member
Got the tubular A arms into the '35 & they are 5/8" inset on either side. Local alignment shop is having trouble getting my steering the way I want. I'm fighting the wheel constantly even after 2 sessions there. I asked for 4-5 caster degree but they say only high 3's possible?? I guess cutting the tie rod ends would give them more flexibility as to centering the steering wheel but I'm not getting the caster problem. Ideas?

I would think that a degree of positive caster should be built into the a-arms. Does you car have a large amount of rake front to back?

Correct me if I am wrong but should the top of the shock towers where the uppers bolt to not be at 7 to 9 degrees? Is that where your problem stems from?
Is it a stock MII cross member. or kit (ie;Mc Givors) or is it coil over?

Bash

It's an OEM crossmember and has been in the car for a long time with the stock A arms. Lakeshore A arms bolt on & as they've done many I'd assume they have the correct built in angle to start with. Also, QA1 coil overs. I'm changing from 14" to 15's that may help but yes, it sits lower in front.

Last edited:
Extending the slot upper control arm on one side took care of the caster degree & realizing that the '80's rack install is a few inches off center to clear the filter etc. meant having one tie end short & one longer to center things. Never ran into this b4 & it's the 3rd recent car I've had with a Must II rack & Pin. Should be on the road this w.e. Thanks for the feedback.

Next time if its a Ford engine & you need more rack clearance to get it centered. You can use a 318 Chrysler oil filter & if you need more room yet a 2.2 Chrysler 4clinder filter will fit any Ford that takes a Fram PH 8A. For a guy that does regular oil changes like you do with a rod the small filter is fine if you need the clearance.