mustang 2 ball joints

olskoolsi

Would anyone know what ball joint i can use to make a set of tubular a arms with the clip in ball joints. I would like to avoid the stock bolt in type for aesthetic reasons, but i am not sure which one will fit the mustang 2 spindles.

i would first check into your department of highways rules about making your own tubular control arms and the liabilities and welding procedure. as you may open a can of worms .. i dont know of any clip in balljoints that have the rite taper and clip in .. most press in and or screw in

the ones im thinking of are like the ones on my 03 f150 where they go in the a arm and then a c clip retains them in place. sorry for not explainng better, have to go to work, i"ll be back

well id never compared taper angle on them or taper length and its alot of machine work too make those fit , and im not sure what equipment you have .. but i know what it takes too build controll arms and its labour extensive as well and if your not a welder then you need too find a good welder that is very good at tig and willing too sign his life away and his welding ticket as he will be hled totally responisable in case of a catastrofic failure .. all things too concider .. if your looking for tublar control arms my company makes them for Mustang twos already engineerd too fit and work ..

Sorry for the delay in reply,but am quite busy this time of year. I am welder by trade with several different types of certifications, so this part of the job doesn't worry me, it is just trying to get the right ball joints to fit this application, other than the stock m2, bolt in type ball joint, which would be ok for the bottom arm but the top i would like to keep smooth looking as they will be exposed. I would ask you what type you use for your arms modelabone, but i am sure you don't want to give out any trade secrets and i don't blame you for that, we work to hard to get them. any other info though would be much appreciated

K7155 moog number. 89 dodge dakota two wheel drive. Might have to ream the tapered hole bigger.

That is what I am doing on my falcon lower arms.

Last edited:
I have Chrysler screw in ball joints on the upper and lower A arms.both uppers and lowers are from Fat Man.The taper is the same but the length of taper isn't, so you have to use a spacer between the ball joint and spindle both upper and lower.Thats on the '32 ford, on the '39 Chev I used stock MII Ball joints.I like the stock ones way better, somehow I just don't like the spacers even though I have had no problems with either one.Maybe it would be different if they were fenderless and they were hang'n out in the wind.