More Performance World 2011 Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

shorts

These are some different pictures then Playing Hookie posted. Enjoy!
100_1612.jpg

100_1613.jpg

100_1615.jpg

100_1618.jpg

100_1619.jpg

100_1620.jpg

100_1622.jpg

100_1628.jpg

100_1630.jpg

100_1635.jpg

100_1636.jpg

100_1638.jpg

100_1641.jpg

100_1644.jpg

100_1651.jpg

Thanks very much for posting the pics. My batteries in my camera died part way through, so you got some pics that I had wanted to take
thanks again
Tom
was over looking at Oddy's car and the Henry J for a while

Thanks for the pictures, I see Mats Ranchwagon there, he only just had it finished enough to go on the run in 2009, great car, that Chyco jerks my chain for sure.

Thanks again, John

That Deuce three window from Quebec certainly deserved the top award, very pretty car. Matt Labutte's wagon is near perfect too. There were very few extremely nice cars there this year maybe the jerks who run the show wiull realize that the cars are the stars and not charge admission to bring them in next year, I heard many a horror story of guys who dropped out, even a whole car club because they submitted 6 or seven cars as a club display to have only three accepted. Come on guys, club displays are very cool when thought out,
they add interest and no -one goes away feeling raped for paying $20 plus HST to get through the doors to see the last two rooms filled with indoor parking ( read as tuners and stereo cars)

Well we are back from the show and the winner is the brown torpedo back and in second is my cousin Ray and Dianne Klowak with their Jamacia blue 1955 Chev convertable .There were a lot of very nice cars in the show but as a few have said there were a lot of drop outs due to the charges to get in .That is evident when the last hall before the boom boom room was filled with rice burners. The prize money sucked bigtime .Its evident that if the organizers of Performance World continue on this path of destruction it will disappear.Here is a link to all the cars in hall one .

http://s666.photobucket.com/albums/vv25/BlackMagic1934/Performance World 2011/

One thing I noticed or didn't notice was the lack of advertising. The last couple years you could not listen to the radio for 10 minutes without hearing an ad for the show. This year I did not hear any.

Might help explain the lack of turn out.

There seemed to be some nice cars there (from the pics) but I am glad I could not make it out.

thanks for posting, any more pics of that f-100?

BTW, did anyone bother to send their feedback to the new owners on this years show?

I had spoken to a few vendors and because the attendance was down due to the lack of cars ,a lot found it wasn't worth the time and money they spent .If the organisers can't see what they are doing then it's definitely going down the tube.Time Bomb your on the money .When we heard 2 years ago that there would be an entry fee we told them what may happen.Did they listen :rolleyes:This show ran for over 50 years with no entry fee ,The prize money was good:D ,the place was packed.The venders were happy,the car owners were happy ,the winners were happy,then it all crashed for greed :cool:Time will tell:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.