Model B Mack

Have you ever heard of Andy Zary in Saskatoon? He has spent a fortune on a 1959 b61.
Maybe google him, if he's still around,,,
Fred

John Stafford here in Kamloops has B model Macks--use to be my boss at Kamloops Mack dealership

Check out behind the Chevy I got. Not sure what model it is, all the dogs are gone too, and it’s a tandem axle.
861D4821-E546-4B21-8694-0C72CA20E01B.jpeg

If you're stumbling through junk yards in the east Kootenays and find a B model Mack log truck with "Eugene Hall" painted on the door, it may be of interest as it would be the only Mack with a Wilson RV30 eight speed pre-select gearbox. This is a planetary gearbox where you select the gear wanted, then push a button on top of the little shift lever and it air-shifts. There's a fluid coupling and no clutch. My dad had the Canadian franchise for these gearboxes in the late 50's to mid 60's and installed the trans in this truck. They were mostly used in log yarders (donkeys). Hayes trucks used a few with Rolls-Royce engines for logging trucks, but these were replaced with conventional american iron come overhaul time. Roy Shadbolt, who bought dad's shop, used one of these Wilson 4 speed boxes in his race car that he took to the Pikes Peak Hillclimb.

Down here in the kooteney’s
Might be headed back out to the property in the next little while. I’ll ask if they’ll let it go if you’re interested.