if i wanna build my own wiring system

randaroo

I was wondering if a guy wanted to build his own wiring system, where does one get all the bits and pieces?
I have an old 60's gm system in my car and its been spliced and wrecked in so many ways that replacement is due. Its about a 9 fused circuit base with all corroded terminals and messy wiring hanging out.

Is my only source an online item like American autowire or Haywire or is their an outlet that lets you brows shelves of groovy electrical connecters and stuff, for cars?
I'm in BC and will be near Vancouver over Christmas so I can go anywhere in that zone, of course I will be hitting Costco, I'm not stupit.

The Old Car Centre in Langley or KMS Tools in Coq will have what you need

Lordco Auto Parts or NAPA sells Pico wire terminals etc. Do this ?

or this;

I started going that route with my deuce truck. Eventually I found a Haywire kit at KMS tools. That was a much easier way to go. I'd never try to make my own kit again.

When I started the'32 pickup in '88 I thought of making my own wiring harness but at that time I couldn't find a fuse panel that I liked.I went to the street rod nats in Columbus to see as many wiring kits as possible,turned out Ron Francis was the only one that spent the time to show me and tell me everything I wanted to know.Two years later I ordered the kit and put it in.Since 1991 and nearly 80,000miles it has worked flawlessly.So in '05 when I started the '39 Chev I bought another of Ron's wiring kits and in nearly 50,000 miles it s worked perfectly.I am not sure one will save any money making your own kit and the wires won't be marked every 12 inches telling what circuit you're following.Also the wire gauge seems to be same as OEM.

Ron Francis,American auto wire ,EZ wire,all great kits and cheap enough to buy to make designing and building your own feasible.
Different kits and prices reflect what accessories are included normally.

clearing my head

This is great, thank you for the responses
I'm feeling better about just ponying up and getting something someone else has already invented...
The challenge of doing (almost everything) myself usually drives me so getting some other positive direction helps a lot.
I don't have all the costly extras on my rig so a minimal kit should work out well.
Ray makes me think I can do any other future mods that come along I think I can add circuits in a separate small panel just fine too.
Though getting any of the Doe eyed highschool dropouts at the counter to read my mind will be the big hurdle fersure.