Hello from Spruce Grove, AB.

Vern A

I'm a retired Millwright that's been fooling around with old cars and hot rods since I was 16 years old (it's a disease 😀). I've drag raced Y block Fords as gassers as well as big block Chevys. I drove a 1953 Mercury pickup with Flathead V8 power for many years. I've run 351W Ford Mustang GT engine in my '49 Monarch that I drove for 32 years until I sold it to a friend so I could finish my '32 Ford pickup with a 1940 Ford Flathead V8 engine in it. I still drive a '48 Dodge coupe with a 275 cu.in. Flathead six that's been hot rodded and has a T5 five speed behind it. I've drag raced it a few times as well. I'm currently building a badass Flathead V8 engine for my '32 pickup.
This hot rod disease has been passed on to my daughter who has two hot rods that she drives. My 9 year old grandson has my old 1950 Chevy pickup that I used to drive that's been in the family since it was new. He made the declaration when he was 5 years old that it would be his first truck someday so I gave it to him when he was seven. That'll give him a few years to redo it the way he wants it, with Grandpas help of course.

Welcome from a relatively newbie myself!
You are very infested! Lol
Been a Ford guy for a long time but never owned a flathead V8, so really
what am I,,,
Pics are almost a necessity hope you post some.
Fred
Ps
Did you happen to know Bob Lust from around there, maybe Sherwood pk.?

Last edited:
Welcome to this site, Vern. I too will ask: do you happen to know the Giese family name? My ancestors go back three generations in that area. Now, back to regular programming.

Bgbkwndo.

Whooooa, we need to see some pictures, your 48 Dodge sounds interesting. Oh, and welcome.

Welcome aboard Vern, hope you enjoy this site. Sounds like you're a candidate for the Inliners club too with that Dodge. Would love to see photos when you have a chance.

In order to post photos they first have to be uploaded to a photo hosting site of which there are many. Like Picasa, Imgur, Photobucket etc.. Then you copy the photo address from the photo site into the "Image" selection here. Many of us are using Imgur, so here are some instructions on using it. Posting Photos with Imgur

Good luck.

Dale - Stony Plain - blue 36 ford coupe

Welcome Vern

Hopefully we will see you at Dog Rump Creek soon.
Lots of good info on this site and great guys.

Dale

Hopefully the skeeters aren't as bad this spring, last year, they were trying to fly off with me attached!! :)

Not sure the constabulary will be too keen on anybody gathering in one place either??

Hopefully we will see you at Dog Rump Creek soon.
Lots of good info on this site and great guys.

Dale

Again welcome Vern, lots of good people here with lots of knowledge and by the sounds of it you could ad a bunch more 👍🏻
I have two daughters, they’re just starting to ask questions and get involved with the cars now, hopefully get into it as well.

Hey guys, hopefully cruising weather is upon us, gathering maybe a different matter until this pandemic goes away.

In my time social avoidance was called being a recluse or a hermit, now everybody is doing it. Hopefully.