Engine bay remote starter

Martin

Soooo, here’s a question. I’m sort of 12 plus years into my 2 year build 😬 and am wondering how I can start the engine ((Chev 350) without any of the wiring hooked up and what I would need as temporary connections to hook it up and get it running.
engine to battery earth as a starter but what from there. Going to get one of those clip on remote starters for under the hood as there no ignition hooked up. any help, suggestions, drawings line diagram most appreciated. Oh, it’s been a minute (millions probably) since I posted too 🙄. Thanks chaps.

Good to see ya stopping in Martin; hope all is going well. I will let one of the others chime in for answering your question…as I may be missing something, being I haven’t yet fired up on a stand.

If you are using a hei type distributor it only needs a single hot wire to where it says bat. and of course engine ground , power to the starter and a switched hot wire to the starter solenoid .

If you are using a hei type distributor it only needs a single hot wire to where it says bat. and of course engine ground , power to the starter and a switched hot wire to the starter solenoid .
It’s an unmodified, although with an older rebuild, 1980 Camaro engine with no mods Soooo

Good to see ya stopping in Martin; hope all is going well. I will let one of the others chime in for answering your question…as I may be missing something, being I haven’t yet fired up on a stand.
Aha, was wondering if you were still on the forum, erm, wondering done 😁. This is for the 46 Mercury sedan you looked after for me. Seems to have been a back burner project and now only a small amount of work to go I’m afraid it’s gotta go 🫤

Well now we wait for the video of your test fire up? Hehe
Yes I am still here, same place and with a few new to me projects since then. Hope you are well.

There used to be a guy across the road from us in another town who would sit in his driveway and just keep reving his Holden up and down and would do that for an hour or so. Anyway one day I had arranged for a mate to come around and give me a had so I could fire the BBC up. We hooked the wiring up and no worries she fired right up, straight out of the manifolds and had to rev it up and down to keep it running while squirting fuel into the carb. Funny thing because from under our house it must have blasted across to his place and he never fired that thing up and kept playing again. Just hook the ignition up and short it across the terminals on the starter if you only want to run it once. Or get a switch push button system. We tired the engine to a pole under the house so the engine wouldn't tip over while sitting on the concrete floor. It did sound good though in the confines of the garage under the house hehehe