Drivetrain for 32 Coupe

32 Stud Coupe

Hi all-I have a 32 Studebaker 5 window that was rodded in the late 50's.I am considering mounting the body on a late model drivetrain-preferably Chevy. I have heard the S10 setup may work well. All suggestions and comments welcomed.George.

George - the frame swaps work better on newer vehicles, especially trucks from the 40's and early 50's. With a 1932 vehicle, I would go with an original frame or another frame from the same era. That will keep the look of the car in proportion, something that changes drastically when a later chassis is stuck under the early body. Just my opinion.

George - the frame swaps work better on newer vehicles, especially trucks from the 40's and early 50's. With a 1932 vehicle, I would go with an original frame or another frame from the same era. That will keep the look of the car in proportion, something that changes drastically when a later chassis is stuck under the early body. Just my opinion.

Deja vu..... I was thinking the same thing.

The S10 frame is too wide at the firewall....IMO S10 frame swaps look horrible on early 30's cars....I have seen 2 done and they look gross...I build frames and chassis, In my experience build a new frame as close to the original or use the original or get a frame from a car from the same era as mentioned before...Or set set of deuce rails would be cool....You have lots of options but please dont use an S10 frame....

32 Studebaker 5 window

Thanks guys-I was concerned about the fit . I can use the old frame but was looking for an easy fix.If anyone out there has an updated 32 era or custom running chassis that I could mount the body on,I am interested. George.