Drive shaft angles too steep

Incognito8P

I realized after that I set my angel finder on a level surface and not the driveline before taking this picture. Never the less this angle is extreme. I haven't attempted any corrections but I wanna know what my options are.

I can't figure out how to add the pictures. But it's showing 30° I haven't lifted the truck I only shortened it alot.

Last edited:
If you want to maintain the current stance, you might be able to drop the trans mount to angle the motor/trans but you will need to then angle the diff upwards to keep the trans and diff yokes parallel (EXTEMELY important) but will have to ensure this will not cause engine interference with the firewall. Otherwise, lowering the suspension would help if you don't mind the lower stance.

Spicer has a very good web site that you put in your angles and it will calculate where they should be.

Would need to know more details in order to comment. Engine angle? Pinion angle? Front or rear sump oil pan? Driveshaft tube length? If it's a front sump pan and you increase the engine angle much, you may create oil drain back problems. With high u-joint angles you may feel a vibration as speed increases. A lighter driveshaft (aluminum if possible) may help. Road test it first to see if there is a problem.