Cruise Weekend

ssmustang

Supporting Member
Morning all, was looking for info on how the weekend was going and came onto this. As always lots of nice stuff in and around the area, even recognize some people and cars!! Was checking SIR and see they are rained out so not a great day today?

It was a good weekend. Saturday there was a drive around to different vendors and put your name in a ballot box. Some of the bigger stops had a mini car show. It was nice to drive around and see others doin the same, lots of waves back and forth. Then Saturday evening there were parking lots along 8th street that became mini shows. I got in to the Co Op parking lot thanks to Neil (1950 special delux) for the heads up on pre registering. It started off as one giant cluster something but they got us all squared away surprisingly quick. Sat there from 4 till 8 then turned my attention to what was cruising on 8th street, made a few passes myself and was home by 11:30. It was different than previous years but I liked the change. The city police were heavy on Friday night but Saturday they seemed to have stepped back until later Saturday night when they started generating more revenue. I heard stories of being pulled over for stupid things…..granted they were minor infractions of regulations. All in all….another good old car enthusiast weekend.

Was thinking of coming out this year but with covid
I didnt think it would happen and ended up forgetting till I seen the posts here.
Last time I was there was 2012 parked on 3rd on the 300 block south I think. Turned out to be a good deal. Curtis Mantler had a rebuilt longblock SC 3.8 we made a deal on. The Car was pictured in an online article by the Star Phoenix.
Had some alt trouble stopped by Daryl's Phoenix Alt,,,, poor ground,,,.
Stock car races, drags, cruising, I stayed in a tent at Gordie Howe pk, oh ya SK wind shouldda staked it down better!!!
Was a great time, many more memories than mentioned,,,, think I'll do it again 10 years later in 2022!
Fred

Boy my memory is shot!! I watched the vid Bob posted then a month or so later I stumbled onto it on youtube, watched it again and it never clicked that Id already seen it! Then posted how I found this Gary the gear posting vids in Stoon like I found a pot a gold!!!
Maybe thats why I always meet new people on our street?? Man!
Fred