COYOTE engine making 2900 HP with stock crank!

James__WC

Supporting Member
If you don't recognize the name Brett Lasala, he's been running Coyote powered late model Mustangs for some time, you'll recognize the cars by their bright green paint (hence the cars being nicknamed "Snot Rocket & Snot Rocket 2.0). Anyways, he competes in different classes of racing, as well as some "Drag & Drive" events, and was (IIRC) the quickest car @ Sic Week 2024 in Florida.
I just found the Vid, and won't have time to watch it till later, but I believe that while the crank may be an OEM piece, it's probably had some mods done, but the rods & pistons will for sure be aftermarket, and I expect the block will have been sleeved. But to make 2900 HP, and be on the verge of breaking into the five second zone with a production block & crank is nontheless impressive!!

I agree, amazing what can be done with 'modern' technology. One thing I would say is these 'stock' engines were designed from the ground up as performance motors, more akin to KB blocks, Darts, etc, or some of the 'special' projects the big 3 did back in the day in limited numbers. Internal components all designed/constructed with one goal in mind. None the less, great to have even limited availability of these type of parts. For most, simple mods from stock will make all the power ever needed for a street/strip/show car/truck.

Amazing ! Nice to see a coyote overtake all the LS based promods .That thing was fast and consistent all week at sick week . I wouldnt be surprised to see him in the 5's next year.