Clear coat

al37ford

Supporting Member
The guy who is blending the few issues on my black car ran into a issue today. Sprayed & seeing small crystals in the clear. Took the can back to Lordco & found it had been on the shelf for 6 yrs! Quick exchange BUt he has to re do the clear.

Yeah unfortunately everything has an expiration date….hope they get it sorted out…

When you deal with companies like Lordco or Napa etc who warehouse large quantities of product it is easy for stuff to get pushed to the back of the shelf and forgotten and then when they run low on stock it gets found and sold. It happens.

I get a warranty claim from Lordco every quarter and the age of some of the products they try and claim is astonishing. (I require batch codes for this very reason). I know it's because of case of something was found in a store somewhere and they don't want to take the loss so they try and get it warrantied.

Lordco have just completed their massive warehouse move to their huge new state of the art facility and, at least with us, cleaned out all the old stock so it should be a less prevalent issue moving forward for a while if they did it with everyone. There is still the chance some individual stores have old product stashed away somewhere and after a certain amount of time history will repeat itself and stuff will get pushed to the back of the shelf.

Most companies provide info online as to how to read the date codes on their product so it is important to check what you are buying.

Lordco,,, our town has got to have the worst run outlet of the brand!
I quit going there several years ago and anyone who still puts up with them has the same complaints I did.