Brake diagnosis?

Ken47

Supporting Member
Hi. The picture below is the front brake on my 47. The pads and rotors were new albeit a few years ago. They only have 6000 km on them. The rotors are smooth. I can’t detect any ridge between the shiny and dull rings on the rotor or roughness on the dull ring. Both the inside and outside of the rotor appear the same. Both rotors look the same. The car stops fine.
so my question is; is this pads that are not flat or improper bedding of the pad to the rotor or something else. I’d just like some advice as to where best to look to correct this.
72453FE4-926E-4693-A8B2-2BB1AA658D07.jpeg

id start by putting a straight edge on them first to see if they need machining. If they are an "offshore brand " they may not be machined properly.

Both rotors look the same. The car stops fine.
If it ain't broke why fix it. Are the brake pads bonded or riveted? I'm thinking that if they're riveted the pattern may coincide with the void holes where the rivets are.

If it ain't broke why fix it. Are the brake pads bonded or riveted? I'm thinking that if they're riveted the pattern may coincide with the void holes where the rivets are.
If my memory is correct when we were cart racing John you never used your brakes 👹

Why should I wear mine out when I could use yours?
True
Don’t know if you have ever used ok Spring in west Kelowna I stoped in there today looking for bushings for the shackles on the front of the 33 . I expected the typical parts store questions what year ,what model , what colour is it , how many doors , what motor size , is it automatic or standard , 3 speed 4 speed or 5 speed , what plant was the car built in , do you know who built it 👹👹 But noooooo he asked front or rear came back in 2 min with a old box that had 9 bushings 🍻🍻

I was going to go see him when I thought I needed a sway bar made or modified, but I found one that fit at p&p so never did use him.