Big Nickel Tour

Admin

Administrator
It's in the history books now.

Started off wet (to say the least), got hot and sunny and stayed that way.

I had carb problems from the get-go that persisted until I got home which was a drag. We almost didn't make it out of the garage to get to the launch location to greet everyone. I actually thought I was going to have to take the daily driver. :(

A big thanks to our sponsors, David Brown (bgbdlinc) for running the chase/support side of things, the Sudbury clubs and, of course, to everyone who registered and came out - 94 cars and 170 at the banquet.

A super bunch of people.

Last edited:
Returned home from another Canadian Rodder Tour, great to see everyone again and to meet a whole bunch of really great newbies.

Thanks to Frank and Judy for a SUPER weekend, What's next?.

Regards,

Marilyn - Brian

Nickel Run

Thank you Frank and Judy for the wonderful trip to Sudbury. We had a great time. Thanks to Jan, Gary and John for the nice contributions to the goodie bag. Thanks Mike and Cooter for your hospitality in Sudbury.

Each time we travel with the Canadian Rodder group we meet new people and added some more to the "Friends list" this time too.

We are looking forward to the next trip already.

Made it home this year without calling CAA thank goodness. Another GREAT trip, thanks so much Frank, Judy, Cooter, Mike, and everyone else who had a part in making this tour a success. Of course a special thanks is due to all the sponsors especially Horton's who contributed $100.00 to my hot rod account. Looking forward to what's next.
Cheers
Gary & Sylvia Strutt

Made it home yesterday. Long ride, but not too hot until the last few hours.

Thanks to everyone, if I try to use names I will forget someone.

Our trip was 16 days, 3,500 miles without skipping a beat.

See you all on another tour,
Phil & Jeanette

We echo all previous comments re thanks to Frank and Judy for all their hard work and organization that allowed us all to have a great tour. Also thanks to Cooter and Sudbury gang for hospitality Saturday night and a great show on Sunday and to sponsors of tour and show. It was great to see some old faces again as well as meet some new ones.
We made it home late Tuesday night with no issues and only used one quart of our Sudbury oil winnings.
We bought our Buick in 2006 with 92,000 miles and it now has just over 121,000 miles. 29,000 miles over 5 years seems pretty reasonable--on the way home we calculated most of these miles were put on over a ten week period on 5 different tours.
Looking forward to next get together and hopefully it is closer and we DON'T win long distance award again. Iain and Janet

Yes I agree whole heartedly, a great trip and as a new participant I want to say thanks to you all for making me feel so welcome. A very special thanks to Frank and Judy for their hospitality and for organising such a great trip. I also want to thank John for asking me to come along. I plan to attend again, hopefully in a couple of years.

All the best to you all.

Frank and Judy, wasn't that a great time, Thanks very much for getting a bunch of like minded folks together again. I know there is a truck load of work you put in there behind the scenes.

It is a great way to meet the good folks from on the board here along with others who aren't on here.

I know I had a great time and maybe Jan can come up next time, I know she would have enjoyed it was well.

Fantastic effort Thanks mate.

Last edited: