al37ford

Supporting Member
I'm trying to add an avatar as I never used one in the old forum but it tells me I'm not worthy! I am signed in.

I'm trying to add an avatar as I never used one in the old forum but it tells me I'm not worthy! I am signed in.
Al, could you be more specific about what you saw and what the exact message was. If you could duplicate it, could you take a photo and email it (unless you know how to do a screen-print). It appears that some people, including me, have been updating and adding avatars successfully.

Ok, I'll try in a few days so meanwhile the hoards will have to wait for enlightenment!

Ok, I'll try in a few days so meanwhile the hoards will have to wait for enlightenment!
Al, a few days won't make any difference. When you tried to add an avatar, did you get to the step where you picked an image on your computer THEN got the error message?

I can't get past the message I showed above where it tells me to log in or register.

As you might notice, I had no trouble changing my avatar. However when I try to read the resource you posted on how to upload avatars, I can only see the first couple of lines and then a red ribbon saying "You don't have permission to view the complete resource" or words to that effect. I am logged in while viewing this.
Anyway it's labour day weekend, so ignore this for a while. We're still able to use the forum.

Al, as you can see, I had no trouble adding an avatar for you. I also cropped it (because it was a rectangle) and adjusted brightness and sharpness. I hoe it's OK for you.

Now, having said that, I have no idea why you couldn't do it. There are a few other weird issues cropping up and I'm not sure if they are related.

As you might notice, I had no trouble changing my avatar. However when I try to read the resource you posted on how to upload avatars, I can only see the first couple of lines and then a red ribbon saying "You don't have permission to view the complete resource" or words to that effect. I am logged in while viewing this.
Anyway it's labour day weekend, so ignore this for a while. We're still able to use the forum.

John, I was able to duplicate your issue with my alter ego.
Thx Frank. I see GFart did the drill & had the same issue.
Not quite the same drill Al. He was able to update his avatar but encountered an issue elsewhere.

@GFaRT , the resource viewing issue is fixed - I believe. Please verify.

Yes, you've got it Frank. I can see the full resource now too. Thanks.