98 LS1 temp cooling sensor

DSpencer

I have a three wire stock plug on my temp cool sensor (driver's side front of head). Jim Lyons (wiring guru) did my harness several years ago and has since passed away. His instruction sheet and wiring has no info on the temp cooling sensor so I was thinking it has been deleted. However, on the sensor end he clipped the green wire tight so not to use it. The brown and yellow wire are still there and are hidden in the harness. I am using after market Classic Intrument guages and they provide a one wire temp cooling sensor for that spot and instructions to wire to the guage. That would eliminate the stock wiring in the harness. My question is: What did Jim want me to do there? Just ignore the brown and yellow or somehow use them. The second question is: Classic Instruments suggests not using that position on the head due to heat and guage giving a inaccurate reading. Suggests go down under passenger side near starter and pick up a hole on that side. I find that spot tedious to do. Thanks

Don't quote me but doesn't the sensor send the temp info to the pcm???? I have an adapter in the passenger head near the rear just beside the header that is about 1.5" long that S&P supplied for mine!!!!!!!!!!