77 XS650 Project

hooligan

Supporting Member
So here's the new project. It's a 1977 Yamaha XS650, it's definitely not the prettiest thing around but it's got a good engine, wire wheels, new firestone rubber and most importantly it has a BC reggie and was in the years I was looking for and the price. The bike was located on Pender Island and the PO happened to be coming into Victoria so he brought me the bike and we put it from the back of his truck into the back of my truck. My plan is to take it to work and dismantle it there after hours and start cutting it up.

Now I've never built a bike before but I'm gonna dive in head first and figure things out as I go. I've got a pretty solid plan on how I want to build the bike and what I want it to look like, I'm after a pretty bare bones bobber, stretched and dropped hardtail, 18" rear skinny, springer front end, 21" front harley wheel.....

77 xs 650-1.JPG
77 xs650.JPG
77 xs650-2.JPG
IMG_4041.jpg
IMG_4040.jpg

If you haven't done so already, have a look at some of Roger Goldamer's work for some outside the box design ideas. Good luck with your project. We're all gear heads here, so I expect most of us have played with bikes too, so following a bike build will be of interest.
De3441J.jpg

gf5ETHF.jpg

tVP0ULX.jpg

KXWfiul.jpg

9H8OzBK.jpg

Last edited: