72 Satellite

My vote would be to spend the minimum necessary to have the 440 as reliable clean runner leaving some cash available for the other projects. For all you would put into a 512 stroker, what do you really get out of it? If you're drag racing, all it does is change the dial-in number on your window. An old 392 hemi in the A might be just about as quick as the Satellite, if that's what you want to do.

That's exactly where I'm at I think, just want a nice cruiser, not really interested in a huge spray of rubber up a white quarter panel either hahaha, but dam are those 512's so much fun lol.
There's lots I can do with this 440 to wake it up a ton as well. After measuring it up today, (4.3215"- 4.322") standard bore is 4.320", crank is awesome too, so new plan might be new pistons, bearings, rings, hone, port and polish the heads, new cam, valve job, then roller the valve train. Already have a new intake and a set of headers sitting on the shelf.
Leave the squirrely stupid fun power for the Model A Mark 2.

Relocated /relocating the battery to the trunk, wanted a main disconnect back there so built this to tuck up along side the trunk hinge.
20210224_154039.jpg
20210224_154047.jpg

Attachments

• 20210301_154715.jpg
    20210301_154715.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 31
20210313_094452.jpg

Later on I'll be running some vinyl covered panels along the sides that will meet up with disconnect plate.

Nice clean install. I'm sure you know already that a battery disconnect has to be accessible from the outside of the vehicle if the battery is moved from stock location? Of course only if you are ever going to put any passes on the car.

Na I don't think this car will ever see a track. More a convenience switch due to my plan to panel in the trunk and have the battery covered in.