32 Ford 5w - resurrection

Randall

Greetings

I am new to this forum.

May years ago when I was going to University in Edmonton I built a 1932 Ford 5w when I had no money or skills. It had a Mustang 302, c4 and 9 inch rear. When I moved from Edmonton to Toronto it sat in a field for a while, then the farm was sold, so I moved the car to Ontario where it sat even longer because I moved to Bermuda.

Now 35 years have passed, and I have more money and friends with skills. I am looking to get the deuce back on the road. The sbf engine is toast from sitting, so I have got an 8BA flathead to put into it.

I am wondering where you guys buy parts. I am going to need the adapter for the c4 transmission, a new gas tank, hood top (to show off the engine), flathead headers/alternator bracket/etc.

Are there any good Canadian suppliers, or do you buy out of the USA, e.g. Speedway.

Thanks

Randall

Welcome Randall!
Ordering out of the US is more economical and more to choose from. Summit is my go to online store because of the free shipping to my mailbox in MT.
They are also have the best pricing of anyone. Speedway also has free shipping and would have more of the flathead and deuce related parts though.
Like the adaptor you need

Welcome Randall!
Ordering out of the US is more economical and more to choose from. Summit is my go to online store because of the free shipping to my mailbox in MT.
They are also have the best pricing of anyone. Speedway also has free shipping and would have more of the flathead and deuce related parts though.
Like the adaptor you need
Thanks Ratrig.
I haven't spent much time on the Summit site, I'll have a look.
The Speedway adapter kit is what I have been thinking of for the C4, much cheaper than Flat-O-Matic kit.

Welcome . I'll do it first . We like pics . Do you have any of when you first did it ?

Welcome in! Bermuda?? You didn’t come back did you?? Are you back in Toronto?
For getting cool bits, I google all the big speed shops, visit local and visit the swap meets.
I would really take a good look at both of those adapter packages as well as reaching out builders who have used those 2 kits…I’m thinking there may be a good reason or two for the difference in price. I built my flathead adapter to T-5 using plans from one of the HAMB guys many many years ago.
Good luck and I am certain I will be following along closely.
Thanks for jumping in.
Greg

Welcome in! Bermuda?? You didn’t come back did you?? Are you back in Toronto?
For getting cool bits, I google all the big speed shops, visit local and visit the swap meets.
I would really take a good look at both of those adapter packages as well as reaching out builders who have used those 2 kits…I’m thinking there may be a good reason or two for the difference in price. I built my flathead adapter to T-5 using plans from one of the HAMB guys many many years ago.
Good luck and I am certain I will be following along closely.
Thanks for jumping in.
Greg
I am still in Bermuda, but we have a cottage by Peterborough where the coupe is. I would like to get it ready for when I retire in 5 or so years.

I am leaning toward the C4 because it is already in the car, so just need to mate it to the flathead. The Flat-o-Matic kit requires their torque converter, which is likely the reason for the big price difference. The Flat-o-matic kit gets good reviews on various message boards. Don't see as many reviews of the Speedway version.

Any suggestions on swap meets - the Barrie seems popular

Thanks

Randall

I am still in Bermuda, but we have a cottage by Peterborough where the coupe is. I would like to get it ready for when I retire in 5 or so years.

I am leaning toward the C4 because it is already in the car, so just need to mate it to the flathead. The Flat-o-Matic kit requires their torque converter, which is likely the reason for the big price difference. The Flat-o-matic kit gets good reviews on various message boards. Don't see as many reviews of the Speedway version.

Any suggestions on swap meets - the Barrie seems popular

Thanks

Randall
Welcome Aboard ! ! from just west of Peterboro

Lots of places to gather up needed parts .........keep looking around even amazon has deals comapred to US with exchange rate. Delivred to your door !!

Swap meets are starting to get geared up now

Last wknd in March is Ancaster

Stirling in May 6-7..east of Peterboro ---is a good one

Lindsay May 27-28

and lots of parts here

We need pics as well .......never happened without them :)

Cheers Shane