2024 Spring Thaw Show, Calgary

351CFalcon

Supporting Member
April 21st is the date.

Always a good start to the cruise season.

Click to Enlarge

Attachments

• 2024_thaw_poster%20800.jpeg
    2024_thaw_poster%20800.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
A little over a week away, long term forecast is sunny/cloudy and possible temp of 13C.
If there is still ice on the reservior, it will be coolish with the wind.

I gotta lot to do before that on my project but that's what I am aiming for .

For those that don't know, the Gasoline Alley museum is incredible and well worth seeing, regardless of the car show.

And participants in the show get a discounted ticket into Gasoline Alley too.
Just to clarify ... each registered vehicle gets 1 free Gasoline Alley admission ($10 value) and discounted entrance for any other passengers plus discounted food vouchers etc. All courtesy of Heritage Park.
Over 300 vehicles last year.
Get'em fired up, cleaned and the season started!:cool:

The weather forecast has been all over the map for April 21.

Over a week ago, 13C and sunny/cloudy.

Then up to 15C with more sun

Then back down to 11C and cloudy.

Today, its 9C with 60% chance of flurries starting at 6 AM and turning to rain showers in the late morning to afternoon.

Rain date is April 28 for the show.

NEWS FLASH!!!
Weather keeps looking uglier for this Sunday so, decision made to move to next Sunday rain date of April 28th. Please get the word out. Thanks!
Forecast for next Sunday is +14C .. much better for all concerned!

THAW POSTER 2024 [Autosaved].jpg

Thanks John, I printed off your poster and will take it to the local auto parts stores in High River that have the original poster

Same on the Island as the Saratoga swap & show is forecast for showers & wind on the 21st. Too bad as it's been clear & sunny all week.

In Calgary, if you don't like the weather, just wait 20 minutes.

Irony, after the annocement that show was re-scheduled to the rain date, today's forecast for this Sunday is 10C and sunny until the aftreernoon clouds arrive.

We've also stood there on the morning of this event, at zero degrees with the wind blowing, telling any hardcore show ups that we have cancelled until the following weekend to try again for a better day.. They are usually very pissed off. Better to make the call earlier for all concerned including many volunteers from the Park and Food Bank, who aren't even driving a vehicle to participate, just getting up early to help.
We will see who is right. Weather is always a luck thing.

Looks like the word got out on the webs and moccasin telegraph that we had pushed to next Sunday. Was down at Heritage Park at 7:00 till 9:00 and only 6 cars showed up, who said they never checked anywhere - just came. (Internet ? I don't have that? ) It was cloudy , 0 and windy. so looking forward to better chance for the 28th.
More time to tweak those few things on the car!