2024 Mothers Day Show, Didsbury

351CFalcon

Supporting Member
It looks like this decades long show may not be going ahead as usual.

The Didsbury Car Club, that hosted the show for the last several years, has disbanded.
The club took over the show from another organization that was experiencing simialr issues.
The January 2024 announcement:

As 2023 closes and we move into 2024, we have come to the realization that the Didsbury Car Club has met its demise.
By way of discussions at the board level and based on the results, of a "call to arms" that we put out to our general membership, it has been determined that the DCC shall close, effective immediately.
We will be liquidating the assets of the club and following the advice of council to properly put the structure of the club as it is now, into a state of dormancy.
If anyone has any questions or concerns, please reach out to me directly via email. tim.didscc@protonmail.com
I would like to thank the Town of Didsbury and all the local businesses and volunteers that have steadfastly supported our efforts over the years.
There will be a forthcoming announcement regarding the continuation of the Didsbury Show & Shine later in February.
Thank you to all.

This is a concern to all car clubs with dewindling membership or volunteers.
More shows over time will be in jeapordy.

Last edited:
That is too bad, as it was a nice old fashioned, downtown, wives go shopping, men wander around and renew old acquaintances, type of show.
The local businesses loved it but Covid changed a lot of things.

Volunteers are harder to come by for clubs with small memeberships.

One of the reasons the 7-day Alberta Super run is no more.
However, a small group is trying to get a 3-day event going in it's place.
So far have not heard much on the details.

Last edited:
Volunteers are harder to come by for clubs with small memeberships.

One of the reasons the 7-day Albeeta Super run is no more.
However, a small group is trying to get a 3-day event going in it's place.
So far have not heard much on the details.
Yes I have tried searching for info with no luck . Is there anyone or anywhere I could get in touch with ?

Yes I have tried searching for info with no luck . Is there anyone or anywhere I could get in touch with ?
Its not a club that's doing it but a group of like minded gearheads.

I did have a contact and will try to find it.

All the 70 plus year old gearheads are burnt out and it seems the younger gen isnt stepping up.
But, I seldom enter shows anymore either. I may drive Sassy to a show walk around for an hour and go for a blast after.

I do go to shows when I can but it's for meeting - chatting with other owners and looking at cars . I set the car up and mostly walk away . When I have had enough for any reason I leave .

Great News.

The Didsbury Car show is a go.

A band of loyal supporters of the defunked Didsbury Car Club are committed to putting on the show on May 11, the Saturday before Mothers Days.

Mark your calendars.

Mothers day shows.This thread brought back memories of Tommy's show I used to attend 20" yrs ago b4 moving to the Island. Still going??