1940 Willys Coupe Project

Bash and scratch

Supporting Member
O.k. guys go easy on me here this is my coupe I started in 85 and finnished in 88 so cut me a little slack, K? It WAS 20 years ago. I don't have many build pics due to broken water pipe but I did save a few. Hope you get a kick out of them but please, be nice!

CIMG2625.jpg
Fresh tin arrived from regina in about 1980 then sat for 5 years as I collected parts.

CIMG2628.jpg
9" Wheel tubs and new floor.

CIMG2629.jpg
Chopped and 4sp muncie fun

CIMG2626.jpg
most metalwork done

CIMG2627.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
CIMG2638.jpg
400 sbc with a few goodies inside and out. Hopefully soon to be replaced with a BB+

CIMG2639.jpg

CIMG2591.jpg

Thanks for viewing ..........Bash

I was loving it until I saw the paint, but that was the way of the day, I had my share of funky paint! sweet ride all the same, what happened to it??

Looks like a good keeper car you have there, not many if any steel ones down here. Good to see you hung onto that one.

Very nice, very nice Bash. OK, I give up,where is it now?

Carl

Johns right I still have it,, hoping to get my BB huffer into it sometime when I have time??? thats the catch.

Thanks guys ..........Bash

CIMG1120.jpg

Last edited:
Holey Smokes I had the same color scheme graphics on my old 56 Chevy 1/2T pro street Panel back in 88 ! Did we all just use one guy's idea??

Funny how those things go I didn't copy anyones design thinking I had an original thought and scheme! A few did copy it around here back in the day. Just goes to show even if you think is original its not always the case some one else may have had a simular one!

Bash

Last edited:
Bash I was at a swap meet in N.Z. the other day and a guy was parked next to me with a Willys coupe for sale and doesn't know when or how and Aussie bodied car got there, flat blue in colour, I'll send you an email now I have had Mark over to show me how to load the pics on the computer. That finished up being a better engine choice you went with rather than the BBC anyway, very cool car.

I guess if people don't like the graphics they could always pay for the paint for you :) :)