Car Club Plaques

You don't really have to have a pattern for a plaque, a good original that has not been polished to much will do as a pattern. The polishing rounds the edges over and takes some of the detail away. This is something we do in the foundry industry all the time, not just with plaques but with broken and out dated parts and equipment that the patterns have long since been out of service.

Ontario Club?

Here's a question for the guys from Ontario. The person who sent this photo for our website took it at a car show but didn't know anything about the club. I wondering if this was a Canadian club or was based in a place like Ontario, California .....

Pipers_Ontario.jpg

Anyone know?

Last edited:
You don't really have to have a pattern for a plaque, a good original that has not been polished to much will do as a pattern. The polishing rounds the edges over and takes some of the detail away. This is something we do in the foundry industry all the time, not just with plaques but with broken and out dated parts and equipment that the patterns have long since been out of service.

Yeh, but the old club members say all their original plaques were accounted for and no-one wanted them reproduced. After talking to them about it they agreed as long as no-one wanted to actually hang one on a car that didn't belong to an original "Push Rod" O'Brian told me had bought a bunch of original patterns and I know he buys patterns other than the drag plate ones because he was really ticked off that a buddy of mine bought the original core boxes for the old Hi Power Speed Shop air cleaners that I'm using on my coupe.

So - how does one go about getting one of these Ontario Rodders plaques?

OK, here's a question for you east coast guys. Someone sent me a photo of this car club plaque for our website .....

OldTimeSRC_Sydney.jpg

Could this be for a Sydney, Nova Scotia club or a down under club? I can't think of anywhere else there is a town with that name.

Last edited:
Larry,

It is ME. And the garage tour I'm planning includes DC's cave.

I saw him Saturday at Wienerschnitzel and asked him if he was going to Scottsdale or if he'd be home so I can take some Canadian newbies there to show them his garage.

Somehow your name came up and he suggested I stay away from you.

Did Gord ever fix you up with a Geezers plaque? If so, I'll need to add you to my membership list so I can collect your dues.
Ahhhhhh, Denny's a bitter man! What does he know!? Gord gave me a plaque and said that it included 5 years dues.

OK, here's a question for you east coast guys. Someone sent me a photo of this car club plaque for our website .....

OldTimeSRC_Sydney.jpg

Could this be for a Sydney, Nova Scotia club or a down under club? I can't think of anywhere else there is a town with that name.

Answer I received from X38 on another board .....

Yes, that is a Sydney Australia club.

Here's another new plaque that was just added to our site .....

AutoAces_Oshawa.jpg

I'm assuming this is a Canadian club and wonder how many more clubs in Canada had plaques. This is the third club in Oshawa.

Last edited:
Here are a couple of plaques I added to our site last month .....

CrankBenders_Montreal.jpg

RoadDogs_None.jpg

One for a Montreal club and the other for a Vancouver club.

Last edited: